James Hardie Fiber cement siding has been a leader in siding for over 20 years, providing maximum durability and long-lasting color. They have been the number one choice for SW Washington and the Portland Metropolitan area. Hardie fiber cement is made up of four simple components including cement, fibers, silica sand and finally water in the mixing process. Siding takes a beating from the elements in the Northwest, which is why James Hardie also engineers their product for specific climates such as ours, to withstand high moisture and UV exposure. James Hardie offers a complete line of siding products to suit your needs from Hardie trim and HardiePlank®, to their soffit and shake collection.
When it’s time to purchase new siding, you want something built to last, universally trusted, and backed by an extensive warranty. Straight Line Exteriors is a member of the HardiePlank® Contractors Alliance which affords our business the ability to receive advanced training on best installation practices and job site safety, specifically for HardiePlank® products. We pride ourselves on not only using the best components in our commercial installations but, superior craftsmanship that is backed by the manufacturer’s warranty. We believe in providing a product that not only provides superior functionality to keep your property weather-proof and warm but is aesthetically pleasing, as well, which is why HardiePlank® is our first choice in industry-leading siding.
The HardiePlank® Difference
- Your warrantied siding solution – We provide immaculate craftsmanship and the best installation, but that doesn’t mean a thing if the products we use aren’t of superior quality. James Hardie backs everything they sell with extensive warranties. This includes the HardiePlank® line. You get exceptional coverage with a 30-year non-prorated warranty, which protects your siding against a variety of environmental factors in addition to workmanship and material defects. Additionally, Straightline Exteriors offers an unmatched 7-year full craftsmanship warranty because we do not use subcontractors, but instead use in-house journeymen employees for all our installations.
- Comprehensive texture options – Humans love personalization, whether it’s an outfit, vehicle, their home or business. HardiePlank® offers a great balance between craftsmanship and choice. Their products come in a wide array of textural styles. These include smooth, beaded, stucco, shake and natural wood type textures. Some of their most popular options are cedarmill and the historically styled colonial roughshawn. Whether you need siding for a new build or Victorian-era building, we’ve got a style to match.
- The strongest materials – James Hardie didn’t become an industry leading manufacturer by skimping on materials. HardiePlank® is the Pacific Northwest’s first choice in siding because it’s built to be strong and uses eco-conscious materials. Composed of cement, sand, and cellulose fiber, this material has a class A fire rating. It also holds its color and texture extremely well. It’s less expensive than stone, cedar, wood or hardboard, and friendlier on the environment than vinyl.
- Vibrant color choices – Using baked-on ColorPlus® technology, HardiePlank® provides you with an amazing range of hues to choose from, in a variety of vibrant colors. This makes it the perfect product for your siding needs whether you’re going for a classic look or modern aesthetic. With a wide array of choices, our design team can help you find the right HardiePlank® product for your property.
- Lower Insurance Costs– Since fiber cement siding (unlike some vinyl or wood siding) is non-combustible and weather resistant, it can sometimes help reduce the cost of insurance premiums due to its high level of performance which reduces the need for replacement. Be sure to discuss this with your insurance agent.
- Weather Resistant– HardiePlank® products are Engineered for Climate® to perform beautifully, despite what nature brings. Unlike cedar and wood-based products, our unique formulations resist the effects of humidity and moisture, damage from mold and provide superior dimensional stability to resist shrinking, swelling and cracking. HardiePlank® siding will protect your exteriors from damage caused by years of blistering sun, ice storms, cool and wet conditions, sea air, high winds and more. And while wood siding is susceptible to damage from pests and fire, fiber cement won’t be eaten by animals or insects and is fire resistant.
Not only does HardiePlank® offer a wide array of options sure to suit your needs for any property in the SW Washington and Portland Metropolitan areas, but the HardiePlank® line also received one its biggest updates ever when they introduced HardieWrap® Weather Barriers. HardieWrap weather barrier provides a balance of water resistance and breathability, reducing water intrusion while allowing water vapor from inside your home to escape. This keeps the area within your walls dry. The material is composed of high-performance, non-perforated, non-woven polyolefin with a unique MicroTech™ Coating that helps prevent mildew and reduces energy loss (potentially saving you money). With an astounding R-value of 3 and backed by their expansive warranty, this foam backed siding strengthens your home from impact, reduces exterior noise and utility costs, and reduces framing imperfections. Additionally, HardiePlank® has developed HardieWrap Pro-Flashing, which is a butyl rubber self-adhesive designed to peel and stick around windows and doors to prevent water and air intrusion. It also self-seals around fasteners
Since 2001, Straightline Exteriors has provided superior commercial contracting services to SW Washington and Portland Metropolitan Areas. With over 30 years of combined experience, this locally owned and operated company is dedicated to the protection and beautification of commercial properties in the NW.
Our project consultants oversee each job from the sale to the material ordering, installation and follow up after the job is complete. Our experienced team of design specialists helps you to create a mix of beauty and functionality to achieve exactly what you are looking for. It’s our mission to make every builder, property manager or developer feel like they’re our only customer from the day you sign with us until the day the job is done.
Whether you are looking to update an existing property or are searching for a contractor who can provide commercial siding services for new construction, Straightline Exteriors offers trusted experience, professional, in-house journeyman employees and unparalleled service before during and after the sale.